BURKE'S PEERAGE & BARONETAGE
This notable guide to the aristocracy, noble families and
titles in Scotland, England and Wales was recently re-published in 1999. With over 3,400 pages, it is made up in
volumes and contained in a slip case. The book includes a number
of new departures from previous editions, such as a complete
listing of the 108,000 living persons .
The Irish Peers and the House of Lords
Forms of Inheritance of Titles of Honour
Surnames of Peerage Families
The Royal Family
BURKE'S LANDED GENTRY THE KINGDOM IN SCOTLAND
than 170 years, Burke's Landed Gentry has been an invaluable
genealogical guide to notable families and their histories
throughout the British Isles. For this, the 19th Edition, Scotland
is the first volume - Burke's Landed Gentry The Kingdom in
Scotland, published in 2001.
It is some 1,500 pages in length, complete with fully updated
lineages of 650 Scottish families and the biographies of over 850
of Scotland's leading individuals.
* Farewell to Feudalism. Author: David Sellar, writer on Scottish history, legal history and Highland genealogy.
* Heraldry and Landed Families in Scotland. Author: Elizabeth Roads, MVO. Lyon Clerk and Keeper of the Records. Carrick Pursuivant.
*The Scots - Who Are They? How do they see Themselves. Author: Roddy Martine, editor of Caledonian Magazine, journalist and broadcaster.
Precedence in Scotland:
Forms of Address.
Scottish Royal Lineage.
Scottish Families Section.
- Scottish Life Peers & Law Lords.
- Scottish Parliamentary (including MPs, MEPs and MSPs.
- The Royal Household in Scotland:
- Officers of the Queen's Body Guard for Scotland. Royal Co of Archers.
- Scottish Lord Lieutenant.
- The Court of the Lord Lyon King of Arms.
- Scottish Chiefs of Names and Clans.
- Knights of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle.
- Scottish Feudal Barons (recognised by the Lord Lyon King of Arms).
- Scottish Archbishops and Bishops.
- Scottish Tartan Section.
OR SUBSCRIBE TO BURKE'S ONLINE RECORDS
Individuals can either subscribe to the data base for an access period of 24
hours, or for one year. Whichever time plan you choose, you are
guaranteed access to the definitive guide to leading families and
their lineages within the British Isles.
A subscription to Burke's Peerage & Gentry online provides
access to over 5,000 family records from the following
- Burke's Peerage & Baronetage
- Burke's Landed Gentry Scotland
19th Edition (continually updated).
- Burke's Landed Gentry England
& Wales 18th Edition.
- Now includes ATAVUS - an
exclusive e-magazine (more).
The Scottish families have been completely updated and
complemented by extra family records to ensure that this
collection becomes a comprehensive guide to titled and untitled
members of the modern establishment. Family records from the
other regions of the British Isles will be brought completely up
to date over the next few years.